Modern Workshops at Peridance
Modern technique and repertory with Andrea Miller founder of Gallim Dance Company.
Aug 9, 2010 - Aug 13, 2010; Mon - Fri11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Gallim Dance plays inside the imagination and looks to find juxtapositions of the mind and body that resonate in the soul. She uses extreme physical movement and range shifting between still tension and explosive power. The company has performed at major venues and holds residencies at leading dance schools and universities. This year the company will bring I Can See Myself in Your Pupil and Blush on tour throughout Europe.
Learn modern technique and repertory with Pascal Rioult, artistic director of RIOULT.
Aug 9, 2010 - Aug 13, 2010; Mon - Fri10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Mr. Rioult was a principle dancer with the Martha Graham Dance Company and interpreted many of her most famous role. Since starting his own company in 1994, he has gone on to create his own style. In technique he softens classical Graham and adds a unique phrasing and musicality. He accentuates clarity, contrasting dynamics and finds the connection through the floor and a sound. His repertory melds European contemporary with American modern dance. His company has received much praise for its technique and strength, as well as finding artistry.
Leave a comment
- Looking for the perfect holiday gift?
- Modern Workshops at Peridance
- International Student Program at Peridance Capezio Center
- Peridance Student Showcase Summer 2010
- Gaga Classes At Peridance!
- Peridance Faculty Showcase Summer 2010
- July Teacher Feature: Anabella Lenzu!
- Leigh, dancer and intern at Peridance, shares her Peridance Experience!