Green filmmaker Antonio Saillant to speak at SU Showcase April 18
Reposted from the Syracuse University Website.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
By Tonya Boyea •
As part of SU Showcase for Sustainability 2012, innovative director and producer Antonio Saillant will present on greening the entertainment industry. Saillant will speak at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, April 18, in the Schine Student Center Goldstein Auditorium. He will discuss sustainable initiatives in film, television and on Broadway, covering practices from energy to waste and beyond.
“Syracuse University trains a lot of students for careers in entertainment—be it film, music, drama, sports or TV and radio—and we are excited to provide them with this glimpse into the green future of entertainment,” says Rachel May, coordinator of sustainability education at Syracuse University. “With his successful film career and his deep familiarity with the energy field, Mr. Saillant is an extraordinary resource for students from a wide variety of disciplines.”
Saillant is proactive in conserving energy in the television and movie industries, pushing ideas forward and producing environmentally sound results. According to Saillant, “The green initiative allows us to set a precedent to continue to produce high-quality productions with exacting standards, while minimizing our impact on the environment.”
In furthering his passion for greening the entertainment industry, Saillant formed Angel Light Pictures Entertainment Group, a production company that gives inspired filmmakers the chance to make their dreams into realities. Green Angel Productions, a subsidiary of Angel Light Pictures, is committed to demonstrating that the movie and television industries can be environmentally responsible, providing filmmakers with the tactics and strategies for greener productions.
“As a filmmaker, I feel it is my responsibility to continue the commitment to reduce the impact on climate change and the environment, and be on the forefront of sustainable business practices,” says Saillant.
Currently, Saillant is working with Ted Kotcheff, former executive producer of NBC’s “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” directing his documentary “Dream Destinations,” a film exploring Kotcheff’s life and times as a Canadian and Hollywood director. Saillant is also working on a football drama, “The Golden Knights,” two comedies, “If” and “Pumping Up,” and the thriller “Gripped.”
Prior to Angel Light, Saillant was an energy consultant for ConEdison, one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the United States, and various pharmacological companies for many years. Saillant has combined his knowledge of the energy business with the entertainment industry in hopes of contributing to a more sustainable future.
“My particular experience in engineering and business has helped me to develop a green transition easily,” says Saillant.
SU Showcase is a campuswide, Earth Week celebration of students’ sustainability work and the future of a green economy across the energy, entertainment and plastics industries. The event—geared toward all SU and SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry students—is also open to the public and will be held all day on Wednesday, April 18, in SU’s Schine Student Center. Check out the complete event schedule at http://sushowcase.syr.edu/Schedule.html, and follow SU Showcase on Facebook and Twitter #GreenSU for the latest updates.
Angel Light Pictures Entertainment Group was created to educate and inspire future artists who have an entrepreneurial spirit, raw talent, commitment and tenacity to develop a career of sustainability and mastery. The company is committed to informing and entertaining audiences today and in the future on the importance of developing and maintaining a positively green, environmental approach to filmmaking and its production. All Angel Light films follow Green Angel Productions guidelines in order to reduce any negative impact on the environment. To learn more, visit http://home.alpegroupllc.com/.
Leave a comment
Music, Film / Theater / TV, Fashion, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Writing, Representation, Venues, General
- Green filmmaker Antonio Saillant to speak at SU Showcase April 18
- Kevin Spacey attends First Shot Film premiere in New York’s Meatpacking District
- Interview by Filmmaker Antonio Saillant: Kevin Spacey on premiere of First Shot film ‘The Ventriloquist’
- Meeting a Green Movie Director
- Being Green in New York
- STUDENTS AND ALUMNI ENERGIZED IN THE MAKING OF LANDMARK FILM
- Dream Destinations: The Ted Kotcheff Documentary
- A Spotlight on Legendary Hollywood Director Ted Kotcheff
- Oldenburg Film Festival honors Canadian filmmaker and producer Ted Kotcheff with a retrospective
- Angel Light's Dream Destinations
- How Much is Negativity Costing You? How you speak to yourself can impact your success.
- A note from Antonio Saillant from Angel Light Pictures Entertainment Group
- Wake in Fright accepted at The 2011 Montreal's Fantasia Film Festival
- Great News! Wake in Fright Directed by Ted Kotcheff
- Director Ted Kotcheff's Wake in Fright honored at MOMA
- Antonio Saillant and Chris Meloni Co-Hosted a Celebration in honor of Director Ted Kotcheff at MOMA
- The Melting Pot of New York City is Truly Melting
- Indie Producer invited on set of 'Law & Order: SVU' 12th season