Acid Reflux Nausea – Home remedies – How to avoid the problem?
Acid reflux is a term that we come to hear in our routine life quite frequently. The number of people talking about it and experiencing it has increased exponentially thanks to the kind of food habits and lifestyle that we are leading. Before we talk about all of this it is important to understand what exactly id Acid Reflux. Acid reflux happens when the food that we consume doesn’t digest properly and keeps coming back in the oesophagus. In actual case the LES or Lower oesophageal Sphincter, a ring of muscle present at the junction of oesophagus and stomach. When we eat our food, this ring closes tightly so that the acids do not travel back up. When this sphincter doesn’t work properly, the stomach contents travel back up causing severe heartburn. It is a very unpleasant feeling. It leaves behind in its wake a bitter or sour taste.
There are various symptoms of acid reflux depending on the severity of the condition, nausea is one such symptom. In general cases nausea is seen to be frequent in pregnant women, or people who are prone to indigestion, acid reflux etc. the major culprits of acid reflux are given below:
- Oily or fried food
- Extra spicy food
- Carbonated drinks
- Caffeinated beverages
- Citrus fruits and juices
All these foods are known to increase and already irritated stomach and thus tend to make one nauseous. In order to manage Acid Reflux, one must make lifestyle changes that are better suited to your already irritated and sore system.
The foremost thing that should be followed in all cases of Acid reflux is changing your food patterns. One should eat limited quantity and that too a few hours before bed so that the food is properly digested. Acid Reflux Nausea is common among patients suffering from Acid reflux and GERD.
If you are fond of smoking now maybe the best time to quit. Nicotine is only going to exaggerate the problem.
Staying upright after a meal is also a classic way of avoiding acid reflux. The gravity helps in controlling the way your body might react to the food consumed.
Loose fitted clothes remove any excess pressure from the stomach thus ensuring that your food doesn’t travel back up the oesophagus.
Acid reflux is more a result of lifestyle habits then anything else. It happens because we are unable to keep track of portion sizes.
There are a lot of Acid Reflux Recipes (home remedies) to treat acid reflux and they are very popular. Some of them are listed below
- Drinking cold milk with little or no sugar is an instant solution for acid reflux.
- Fruits like apples and grapes are known for their properties which help in controlling acid reflux.
- Avoid eating large meals. Instead opt for small meals at regular intervals. This will ensure portion control as well as keep you satiated roughout the day.
- Chewing gum is a perfect way to get the jaws some exercise. It increases your saliva production which in turn help keep acid reflux in check.
There are a lot of reasons that increase the chances of an Acid Reflux, it is important to understand the problem and then take corrective measures accordingly.
Leave a comment
- Understanding The Problem Of Heartburn
- GERD: Symptoms And Home Remedies
- Quick and Easy Tips to Get Rid of Heartburn and Acid Reflux
- The 4 Types of Gastrointestinal Disorders and Their Cure
- Effective Home Remedies for Acid Reflux and Heartburn
- Different Things to Know about the Problems Faced Due to Silent Reflux
- The Lower Esophageal Sphincter
- Foods to eat when suffering from GERD
- Weird Symptoms of Acid Reflux or GERD
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) – Symptoms and Causes
- How to treat GERD or Acid Reflux at home?
- Surprising Symptoms that you have Acidity
- What Are Heartburns And What You Need To Soothe Your Pain?
- Acid Reflux Nausea – Home remedies – How to avoid the problem?
- Everything that you need to know about PPI and Adenocarcinoma
- Some Better Home Remedies for Acidity
- What are the things that you need to know about Hiatal Hernia?
- Medicate your acid reflux with easy home remedies
- How to Treat Heartburn During Pregnancy?
- Use natural remedies to solve your acid reflux problem