Effective Home Remedies for Acid Reflux and Heartburn
The feeling of something hot burning inside the throat and the pressure inside your chest is very uncomfortable, and no one wants to feel the same. On the other hand, the people who suffer from gastric disorders, they have to go through such problems.
However, if you are going through acid reflux or heartburn then before you run to get a doctor’s help, you can get so much help from your home. You already know that doctor prescribed medicines sometimes have some side effects, but with the home remedies, like drinking Milk for heartburn but that is not a proven fact. So there are many other things will never have any reverse effect on you. Thus, here are the same we have listed for your convenience.
1. Avoid overeating
If you overeat, the acid gets into the stomach and makes a turmoil of the digestive system. People who suffer from acid reflux, their body muscles get weak and the acid squeezes through the opening. Most acid reflux complication happens after taking the meal, and a larger amount makes the situation worse. Thus, you have to remind yourself to eat in lesser proportions.
2. Baking soda
If you use a teaspoon of baking soda after your meal, the acid reflux goes down. You have to mix the soda with 8-ounce water and drink it. If you feel like you are not getting the remedy then you can get another glass. Also, you have to remember that Baking soda for acid reflux should not be used for more than a week.
3. Eat fruit
You have your choices in fruits but to reduce acid reflux you have to eat some certain ones like ripe bananas, and apple. If you want to get relief from nigh time discomfort then, you can try slicing an apple and eat it a few hours before you go to sleep. You have to make sure to avoid acidic fruits such as orange, pineapple, and grapefruit.
4. Chew gum
If you chew on a sugar-free gum after you have your meal, you might get some remedy from that. This chewing stimulates the salivary glands and this very thing will wash away the acid. You can try chewing one piece after you eat, and you will definitely feel the difference.
5. Ginger tea
Ginger tea is a great remedy for nausea, stomachache. For a good result, you can slice the ginger root and simmer it in water for at least 30 minutes. For an increased benefit, you can drink the tea before you have your meal.
6. Avoid too much coffee
Coffee makes the acid reflux go worse, and if you are suffering from GERD then you have to avoid drinking this drink. For other people, they might not stop the habit, thus, they have to make the amount less.
Lastly, you can drink the Chamomile Tea, and you have to drink it 30 minutes before you go to sleep. This tea will lower the stress level, and the acid reflux will die down as well.
Leave a comment
- Understanding The Problem Of Heartburn
- GERD: Symptoms And Home Remedies
- Quick and Easy Tips to Get Rid of Heartburn and Acid Reflux
- The 4 Types of Gastrointestinal Disorders and Their Cure
- Effective Home Remedies for Acid Reflux and Heartburn
- Different Things to Know about the Problems Faced Due to Silent Reflux
- The Lower Esophageal Sphincter
- Foods to eat when suffering from GERD
- Weird Symptoms of Acid Reflux or GERD
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) – Symptoms and Causes
- How to treat GERD or Acid Reflux at home?
- Surprising Symptoms that you have Acidity
- What Are Heartburns And What You Need To Soothe Your Pain?
- Acid Reflux Nausea – Home remedies – How to avoid the problem?
- Everything that you need to know about PPI and Adenocarcinoma
- Some Better Home Remedies for Acidity
- What are the things that you need to know about Hiatal Hernia?
- Medicate your acid reflux with easy home remedies
- How to Treat Heartburn During Pregnancy?
- Use natural remedies to solve your acid reflux problem