5 lakh Zoom accounts hacked
The data privacy concerns over video conferencing tool Zoom continue to rise. A recent report suggests a hacker has leaked Zoom credentials of 5 lakh users.
Experts from cybersecurity firm, Cyble reported the incidents. The research firm discovered that a hacker is distributing stolen Zoom credentials for $0.002 each, some were also shared for free. The hacker was giving away the credentials on the Dark Web.
Cyble confirmed that the credentials shared by the hacker are valid. The stolen credentials included personal meeting URLs, Zoom host keys, email addresses, and passwords. This allows anyone with the data to enter meetings.
Read more: comptia project plus certification
When the Cyble reached out to account owners of the hacked database. It's likely that the nearly half of the passwords mentioned in the leaked database are old. Zoom account owners might have changed the passwords since then. However, the same individual may have used the same password elsewhere. This creates potential threat to the account owners.
Zoom has gained immense popularity among enterprises, SMBs and schools across the world during the lockdown. The attack does not affect enterprise customers using their own single sign-on systems.
The video conferencing company has confirmed that it has hired multiple firms to find these passwords dumps and tools used to create them. Zoom will continue to send notifications to the accounts that are comprised. It is working on an additional layer of security to bolster the effort.
Password re-use is a huge security issue faced by users across the world. To keep your account secure, it is necessary that you change the passwords to something strong and unique.
Leave a comment
- Internet Cable vs LAN Cable
- Network vs. security
- Backups are Sexy Even to Ransomware
- HP DeskJet 3835 All-in-One Ink Advantage Wireless Printer
- Advantages of Networking students
- how a typical MPLS network looks?
- Cloud-first SD-WAN solutions.
- Types of Computer Businesses
- IoT Device Vulnerabilities
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional
- AWS JOBS YOU CAN GET WITH AN AWS CERTIFICATION
- Cybersecurity Problems and Solutions
- Data Scientist roles and responsibilities
- 5G Technology Drawbacks and Dangers
- Contingent Workforce Management
- Which IT certifications will increase my salary?
- Why Cybersecurity is important ?
- 5 lakh Zoom accounts hacked
- contingent workforce for specialised skills
- What Are Contingent Workers?