how a typical MPLS network looks?
MPLS network contains Label Switch Routers(LSR). These routers are capable of understanding MPLS labels and of receiving and transmitting the labeled packet.
There are three kinds of Label Switch Routers present in the MPLS Network:-
Ingress LSR: These routers are present at the beginning of the MPLS network. Their job is to receive unlabeled IP packet and push the label on top of it.
Egress LSR: These routers are present at the end of the MPLS network. Their job is to pop the label from the incoming packet and forward the packet as an IP packet.
Intermediate LSR: These routers are present in between the above two routers. Their job is to receive the labeled packet, swap the label of the packet and forward it to the next hop. They are responsible for the MPLS forwarding of the packet.
Read more: networking MPLS
Leave a comment
- Internet Cable vs LAN Cable
- Network vs. security
- Backups are Sexy Even to Ransomware
- HP DeskJet 3835 All-in-One Ink Advantage Wireless Printer
- Advantages of Networking students
- how a typical MPLS network looks?
- Cloud-first SD-WAN solutions.
- Types of Computer Businesses
- IoT Device Vulnerabilities
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional
- AWS JOBS YOU CAN GET WITH AN AWS CERTIFICATION
- Cybersecurity Problems and Solutions
- Data Scientist roles and responsibilities
- 5G Technology Drawbacks and Dangers
- Contingent Workforce Management
- Which IT certifications will increase my salary?
- Why Cybersecurity is important ?
- 5 lakh Zoom accounts hacked
- contingent workforce for specialised skills
- What Are Contingent Workers?